I don’t usually do two memes in a row, but here’s a Thanksgiving meme for ya!
Stole this from MeridianAvila.
1. How do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
Usually I have several Thanksgivings spread over the weekend. One at my dad’s, then at my father-in-law’s and then at my mom’s. But this year, we are just going to Andrew’s friend’s house for a big Thanksgiving extravaganza.
2. Do you cook or go out to eat?
I’ve never cooked a turkey, but I have made side dishes and do most of the organizing. I’ve NEVER gone out to eat on Thanksgiving.
3. What has been the best Thanksgiving for you?
Growing up, we always went to my grandparents house for the big day. There was between 25-50 people and it was fun getting to see all of my cousins.
4. The worst?
The year my husband was sick and couldn’t come. I went anyway because I had been sick previously and was going stir crazy to get out of the house.
5. What are you thankful for?
- My husband’s cancer is gone, that he didn’t have to endure chemo or radiation like so many people have to.
- Despite being pregnant and stressed out, I’ve had a normal pregnancy with no complications.
- Even though I have a love-hate relationship with the terrible twos, I have a wonderful daughter that is happy, healthy and so much fun!
- Two weeks from now, this pregnancy is OVER and I will have a new bundle of joy to add to our family!
- The support of our friends and family over the years, but ESPECIALLY during this difficult year.
6. Any special traditions you do?
Well every major holiday we stuff celery with cream cheese, but it usually doesn’t last long between my dad, sister, brother and me. Looking forward to starting traditions with my husband and daughter, but this just isn’t the year to do it!
7. Cranberry sauce or gravy?
Gravy any day. Cranberry sauce is gross!
8. White meat or dark?
Our family joke is the newcomer is stuck with the dark. We all love the white meat!
9. Yams, with or without marshmallows?
We don’t have yams.
10. Stuffing or no stuffing?
Lots of stuffing, but don’t get all fancy on me… I don’t want apples, grapes, raisins or nuts in mine!
11. Pumpkin pie or apple pie?
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Let me know who’s reading today… give me some comments and don’t be a lurker!