1. Been to a play: Several and I love them! I’ve seen High School, community theater and professional. A friend of mine does community theater, and I’ve always loved going to see his productions. No Broadway yet… but it’s on my list. Favorites so far: A Chorus Line, Les Miserables, and Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
2. Bungee jumped or something similar: The closest I’ve come to anything adventurous is white river rafting.
3. Been a mentor/big brother/big sister: I was a mentor to two different girls a few years back. Very rewarding.
4. Read at least one of the classics (War and Peace, The Great Gatsby, The Red Badge of Courage, Beowulf, Crime and Punishment, etc): Red Badge of Courage in High School. Don’t remember much about it.
5. Stood up for someone publicly: I’m sure I have, but the instance is not coming to mind.
6. Been on a major roller coaster: Since I live near Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm AND Magic Mountain, YES.
7. Been to a drive-in movie: Yes, but there are none in my area anymore… the last one I know of was ripped down for a WalMart. Grrrr.
8. Done something at a drive-in movie other than watch the movie: Sleep when I was a kid.
9. Done volunteer work: Yes, a few things come to mind.
10. Given a toast at a wedding, a eulogy at a funeral, or some similar, meaningful speech: Read a poem at a friend’s dad’s funeral.
11. Been to a major sports playoff game: No
12. Thrown a costume or theme party: Not that I can think of, but it sure sounds fun!
13. Been on or near the set of a major motion picture: A friend of mine had an interview on a lot where they were filming ‘Hook’. And of course I have seen several sets driving around LA.
14. Taken a compliment well: Yes
15. Planted a tree: Not personally, but one was planted in honor of my mother in law and I went to the little ceremony.
16. Been stung by a jellyfish or something similar in/near the ocean: No… I don’t go that far in the ocean!
17. Quit a crappy job: Yes… walked out on my first day at Green Burrito when I was 16. The manager was getting fresh with me.
18. Been on a blind date: Yes, with a guy I met on the internet.
19. Done something kind and unexpected for a stranger: All of the time
20. Had a major surgery: 2 c-sections… that’s it.
21. Taken a car/truck road trip that covered at least 6 states: Yes – we did a cross country trip a couple years ago, and I think we covered about 22 states!
22. Been in 4 or more countries: Mexico and Canada… That’s it!
23. Spent New Year’s Eve somewhere special: With my husband!
24. Visited an ancient landmark: Montezuma’s Well & Castle in Arizona. I think those count.
25. Been face to face with a celebrity by chance: Saw several celebrities when walking down Hollywood Blvd with some friends and happened upon Donna Summer getting her star on the Walk of Fame. Dick Clark was there too.
26. Given to charity in the past two years: Yes – Salvation Army
27. Helped a stray animal: I don’t come across many stray animals.
28. Dated someone you met online: Dated AND married. How’s that! 🙂
29. Won money on a long shot: Nope – not a big gambler.
30. Won your office/family/friends NCAA tournament pool: See above.
31. Won an award/medal (even if something “small”): I won ‘Friendliest in Room 16’ in 6th Grade. 🙂 Also, the ‘Windy PE Award’ – a special award just for me from my awesome PE teacher in 8th Grade… I never liked to do PE, and had a standing excuse if it was windy I was exempt because of asthma. Don’t think I didn’t play that card!
32. Driven a foreign sports car: Nope
33. Been in the front row for a concert: Nope.
34. Attended a symphony orchestra performance: Yes, a holiday concert at a local junior college. They were pretty good, too!
35. Caught a criminal in the act and did something about it (reported it, smacked them in the head, etc): Can’t think of anything off the top of my head
36. Sung solo on a stage: Several in Elementary & Junior High school… pre-stage fright period of my life.
37. Witnessed something supernatural: No
38. Covered for someone (who deserved it) at work: I’m sure I have
39. Overcome a major fear: No, I still hate fish and don’t intend on overcoming that.
40. Mailed a surprise care package to a loved one: Flowers. 🙂