Our visit to the ER

18 Jan

Today, my daughter decided to eat my husband’s blood pressure medication.  Luckily there were only 2 pills left in the bottle.  I called 911 and they sent out a crew to check on her, then off to the ER we went, just to make sure everything was ok.  Everything IS ok.

I want to smack myself for leaving the bottle on my computer area.  The only reason it wasn’t up in the cupboard as usual, is because I was calling it in for a refill.  Next thing I know, she is sitting on my chair chomping away.  I wonder if the lid wasn’t on all of the way, or if she was able to open it.  Grrr….

Has anyone else kicked themselves over doing something stupid like this?


4 Responses to “Our visit to the ER”

  1. indianamatt January 18, 2008 at 9:28 pm #

    Absolutely I have. I found my daughter about to chew on a big anti-immune pill (post kidney transplant) awhile back. I was desperately counting pills after I saw that (which took awhile!) It was the only one she had gotten a hold of. I was very angry with myself. I thought it was far enough out of reach (I had set the holder down on the counter to go check on something). Glad yours turned out ok as well.

  2. trailmixup January 19, 2008 at 5:23 am #

    Doing stupid things as a mom so that our children need immediate medical attention? Geee ….. who would do that? *bites lip* Sometimes I’m surprised my boys survive having me as a parent. My best were – not strapping my son into the high chair the day I turn my back and he swan-dives off it, and with two of my children, six years apart, letting go of the stroller and forgetting that our front steps had a slope …

    Seriously, it comes with the Mommy Badge.

  3. Allison January 20, 2008 at 5:39 am #

    I found Abby trying some small hair rubber bands on her wrist like they were bracelets…and then didn’t make her take them off right away. I forgot about them and we found them slightly cutting off her circulation in the morning. I was so mad at myself. Maybe we’ll be smarter for child #2 someday.

  4. looksgoodinpolkadots January 27, 2008 at 10:28 pm #

    We had a trip to the ER complete with charcoal in the belly after a 2 year old decided to lick the ant killer off cardboard…. um… yeah. Good times.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: