Trish & Lisa both posted about Festivus, which is kicked off with the Airing of Grievances. Trish states that blog traffic is down, presumably due to the holidays, so she encourages anyone reading to freely say whatever you want- air those grievances, because no one is reading anyway!
So in the spirit of Festivus, I am sharing mine.
- Inconsiderate drivers. Nothing gets me riled up more than idiot drivers. When you see a pregnant person trying to cross the parking lot with a cart, please stop and let her go by. For Pete’s sake, I had 7 cars go by before I finally just walked out in front of one. It’s not like they didn’t see me standing there waiting to cross. IN A CROSSWALK no less! Bastards.
- Inconsiderate drivers (again… there are so many). I actually saw someone zip the wrong way down a one way lane just to cut someone off and steal their parking spot.
- Idiot parents… yeah, it’s a great idea to take your 3 year old to see Tropic Thunder (rated R) at the theater on a Saturday night. Don’t mind me… or the nightmares your bratty kid is going to have after seeing such a bloody gory ‘comedy’. Smart move.
- People who text while driving. Hopefully they’ll bash their car into another texting driver and the world will be free of them all.
- Teenagers who walk around cursing when there are little kids around. Even worse… adults who do it.
- The 5 year old walking around Target with the pacifier in it’s mouth. Come on.
- The woman who still breastfeeds her 8 year old. While extended breastfeeding can be beneficial, at some point it just gets creepy.
- Going to Disneyland and paying $4.00 for fries that are limp and cold. I don’t think so. I had hubby go back and get a newly made batch. If I’m going to pay that for a small order, they better darn well be hot. (Have you noticed that their food is crap? Just because you’re feeding the masses doesn’t mean it has to taste bad and be so expensive.)
- Ebay customers that win your auction and don’t pay for a month.
- The emails I get from an official in a foreign country who will pay me millions if I just send them my bank account info for them to transfer money to me. I’d ask if anyone falls for this, but apparently people do.
- Government bailouts… I know plenty of small businesses that could use the help and have either closed or are about to.
- When you tell your kid to go wash the frosting off her face and she uses her nightshirt instead. (This just happened, and yes, I gave my kid a frosted cookie for breakfast. It’s the holidays!!)
I’m sure I could come up with more, but I’ll have to save some for next year.
What gripes do you have this year? Tell me!