1. My middle name is Rusty. My Grandma had red hair and went by Rusty and Red and died about 1 1/2 years before I was born. Her real name was Elvera. I’m glad I didn’t get stuck with that!
2. I share my birthday with my cousin Jaime who was born two years later. (My son & his cousin also share the same birthday with six years difference.)
3. My first friend ever was Lisa C. We moved in next door when we were both 1 year old. Our families are STILL close and we were in each other’s weddings.
4. I’ve had eczema since I was a child and am constantly itching. (Thanks Lisa for always saying I had fleas.)
5. I auditioned out for the High School of Performing Arts in LA and used the song ‘Lost in Your Eyes’ by Debbie Gibson. No wonder I didn’t get in. (But my friend, Lisa T., DID get in for dancing.)
6. When I was in 10th grade, while walking to school, some creep pulled up next to me in his car and was doing some unmentionable things to himself. In PE that day, a friend told me the same creep did that to her. We reported it to the police and I remember them asking us info about the guy. When they asked if he was right handed or left, I asked ‘How would I know?’ Then I realized, and said ‘Right Handed’. LOL
7. I was on The Family Feud four times when I was 17. One was a championship.
8. I didn’t attend any dance/homecoming/prom in high school because I was never asked. Except for the Sadie Hawkins dance my freshman year, where I was the one who asked. Thanks, Mike C. for saying yes! 🙂
9. I’ve never done any illegal drugs. Ever.
10. My only experience working fast food was one day at the Green Burrito. Both my friends and I quit after a few hours, since the guys were made to clean the back dumpster while the training manager hit on me.
11. Besides six months working at Bullocks, I’ve worked secretarial/office jobs since graduating from high school.
12. My first week at a new job, two other coworkers and I photocopied our chests and faxed it to a radio station to get a free lunch. The DJ called us within 5 minutes to say we were that day’s winners. I still can’t believe I did that at a new job (so not my style), but I CAN believe we won! 😉
13. I wrote up my wedding guest list about 8 years before I met my husband.
14. I met my husband on Yahoo Personals January 2003.
15. We knew we were getting married within one week.
16. He wanted to elope on Valentine’s Day, but I said my family/friends would kill me, so we waited until September.
17. One weekend in 2004, we were driving through LA on our way to Yosemite for a getaway. Andrew casually mentioned that if he were to ever get cancer, he’d like to do a coast to coast road trip. I said lets do it now (I had just been laid off), and we turned around the car and drove to AAA and got some maps and left the next day. We drove cross country and back in two weeks covering 22 states. (He did get cancer three years later, but is fine now after having his kidney & the cancer removed.)
18. I’ve had two kids but have never been in labor. 🙂
19. I love Annie and Chorus Line equally and used to sing the entire soundtrack at the top of my lungs while driving (but forwarded through Music and the Mirror because I hate that dumb song!)
20. I love to sing and was in several choirs growing up, but never pursued a musical theater career because I am afraid of auditioning.
21. Alias was my favorite show but I missed the entire last season. I ended up getting the entire series on DVD but have yet to watch it (it’s too hard with kids!). Luckily nobody has spoiled it and told me what happens.
22. I love maps… the Rand McNally store was my Mecca. Give me a Thomas Guide, Atlas or globe and I can be occupied for hours. I should have been a cartographer!
23. I am obsessive about Q-tips and use at least 3 a day.
24. Fish/underwater sea creatures scare me. I hate all seafood and it grosses me out to see fish alive or dead.
25. I tend to remember old phone numbers of people even if I haven’t called it in over 20 years. Lisa C. moved away when we were in high school and I still know their old number is 594-4175.