The Queen Mum will be happy to hear that I spent a penny at CVS yesterday and brought home 4 toothbrushes and a box of Betty Crocker brownie mix. In that purchase I earned about $13 in ECBs as well!
ps… No jokes about me needing 4 toothbrushes after eating the brownies to keep my yuck mouth clean! 😉
Their latest promo from online:
You always get 2% back in Extra Bucks every time you shop. Now you can earn Triple Extra Bucks Rewards through June 6th, on almost everything you purchase. Plus get FREE shipping!*
To take advantage of this offer, make sure to enter your ExtraCare® card number in the Savings Opportunities section at Checkout.
This should help us with our penny-pinching!
Well, the funeral is over. It was a very nice service and I got to see many loved ones. Back to normal life, I guess! Here is my current to do list:
- Reschedule dental appointments. Yuck.
- Get this house back into shape. After first being sick, then spending time scanning photos and making boards for the funeral, I really need to catch up!
- Call my friend and wish her a happy birthday. I almost forgot with all of the drama going on!
- Post some more Stampin’ Up! rubber stamp sets on Ebay. I am really cutting down my collection. It’s so overwhelming when you have too many supplies, and limited time to make something! I already got rid of 50 sets last summer, and I have about 30 more that are ready to go.
- Start on the scrapbook for my friend’s wedding present.
- Call Subway and report their bathroom door. We stopped by to take Katie to the bathroom last night, and when I opened the door it slammed on her head and she has a giant goose egg on her temple!
- Finish my book… I’ve been reading it forever!
- Actually use my Grocery Game list. I signed up and right after my grandpa passed away, and I have yet to go through my coupons and print a list to shop with.
- Go to a new restaurant and use my buy 1 get 1 free meal… I just got my new Entertainment Guide and there are so many restaurants around here I didn’t know about!
- Scrub the cradle crap off baby’s head. I’ve done this a few times with baby oil and a tooth brush, but it keeps coming back.
So there you go. Nothing too exciting, but life goes on as usual.
I am sick AGAIN! I’ve had to cancel my dds appt and Grant’s 4mo checkup. So that is why I haven’t posted and/or commented. Thank goodness the hubby took Katie to Home Depot with him tonight, so it’s just me and the baby (who is sleeping in his crib already.) Also, the house is a wreck with 4 days worth of dishes in the sink and spreading out to the stove. Nice.
Time to curl up on the couch and moan.
Ok, I’m signing up for The Grocery Game to give it a try, but for the life of me, I can’t remember who on my blog list wrote about it, and after trying to scour your sites have come up empty handed. Make yourself known! When I signed up, they want me to put in the email address of my referer so YOU can get your free weeks. Give yourself up so you can get your free stuff. *ps, I seem to recall quite a few of you doing this, so first come first serve, girls.
As for the rest of you, I’m going to try this out. I’ll give you some updates, and if you decide to join, for pete’s sake, use me as your referral!! 🙂
My girl Mindi wrote about how she’s paying next to nothing down at the CVS, so I thought I’d try my hand at it. I just got $76.46 worth of
crap stuff for $26.76.
How you ask?
I transferred a prescription to their pharmacy and they gave me a $25 gift card.
I went online and registered my CVS ExtraCare Cars and got a coupon for $4.00 off my $20 purchase.
I bought several items on sale in conjunction with some coupons I had (sale savings=$15.70, coupon savings=$9.00)
ALSO, because I bought two toothbrushes for $4.99 each using their Extra Buck Offer, they gave me the money I paid back in the form of an in-store coupon (EXTRA BUCKS) which makes them FREE!
AND, they have an offer if you buy 3 greeting cards, you get a stuffed bunny rabbit for FREE!
This was my first go at this, and I bought some items that weren’t on sale because I needed them (but had I NOT bought those items, my total would have been about $4.) Now next time I go, I have $9.98 towards my purchase.
So there you go. Apparently Rite Aid and Walgreens have the same type of deals, and how conevenient for me, there are all three stores on opposite corners near my house!
I’ve been wanting to buy an apron for my uniform as a homemaker, but haven’t had the money to get a really cute one. Then I remembered I had some cash in my paypal account. Yippy!! I found one I loved on Etsy.com and just got it in the mail. It is so beautiful, I have to post the link in case any of my readers wants to get one!
Momo’s Retro Fashions
And here is a picture of the lovely apron. (That’s not me modeling… it was the photo from the etsy page.)
I think for Katie’s birthday, I will get her one too, so she can help me in the kitchen.
This second picture has been added for morethananelectrician’s benefit. She must have gotten back into the house just in time to save the apple crisp!