What a year! Goodbye to 2008… Hello 2009! I ripped this one from Jill at Live Laugh Blog.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Tried pupusas. Yum.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year? Well, I had intended on losing weight and eating better. I did start to eat better, but since I got prego, my doctor frowned on trying to lose weight during the pregnancy. Maybe next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister-in-law gave birth to my sweet little niece Kameron!
4. Did anyone close to you die? My Grandpa RC died back in April. While he could be a mean stinker, he was also a neat guy and I miss him.
5. What countries did you visit? None, this year, but would love to do so. Now all I need is a passport…
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More money would be nice.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? September 6th… it is the first big anniversary for Andrew and I… number FIVE! Looking forward to the next 50!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Mothering 2 kids and making it through the year with my hair intact and not gray.
9. What was your biggest failure? I’m sure there are many, I just can’t think of any.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just pregnancy related problems. Luckily they weren’t as bad as the last two pregnancies.
11. What was the best thing you bought? The matching mother/daughter aprons from Etsy. They are darling and I love when Katie puts hers on and helps me in the kitchen. 🙂
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Katie finally being potty-trained!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
A certain family member who is the biggest conniving liar/manipulator and continues to make other family members miserable. But this is nothing new… this person has been like this their entire life, so no surprises there.
14. Where did most of your money go? Health insurance & bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Putting together a book about my Great Grandma (she lived to be 105 and wrote her life story)… my great Aunt sent me some ancient photos and I just need to focus over the next month on getting them scanned in and starting the book.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Any theme song from PBS. LOL
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Last year I had just given birth, this year I will give birth in 3 months. I’m not as overwhelmed as I was, thank goodness.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Finishing projects that I’ve started. I have at least 5 sitting on my desk that I need to complete!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying about things I have no control of.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Day & eve at home with my immediate family. Then on Saturday, we went to my mom’s for a big she-bang. It was great.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes, with my son! It’s been so exciting watching him grow this past year and to see his adorable personality shine through.
22. What was your favorite TV program? I don’t really have a favorite, but it’s been fun watching all of the shows I’ve never seen before on our new digital tv. (Dirty Jobs, Robot Chicken, Good Eats, etc.)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Don’t hate anyone, but there are a few people I don’t care for.
24. What was the best book you read? I really enjoyed Dixieland Sushi… it gave me flashbacks to when I was in Junior High/High School.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery of 2008? Well, mom & I saw Wicked, and I had no point of reference for that play before seeing it, so it was neat to hear the music for the first time.
26. What did you want and get? I bought myself a food processor online, but didn’t read that it was a chopper only! I returned it to the store and they had a poor selection there, so I have yet to replace it with one that grates (which is the whole reason for getting one!)
27. What did you want and not get? See above.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Hard to say… I certainly didn’t venture out to the movies this year… maybe once or twice to the dollar theater with the kids, so that hardly counts. I did enjoy seeing Indiana Jones because, hey, it was Indiana Jones. There were plenty of funny flicks too, but honestly, offhand I can’t think of one!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? We were on vacation and celebrated in San Francisco. I turned 34!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being out of debt.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? What fashion concept? I wear whatever fits! LOL… the first half I was getting out of my maternity clothes, while the second half, I was getting back into them!
32. What kept you sane? My crazy friend Jenn.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I fancy Mike Rowe. A lot.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? You know, I really don’t like getting into politics… I have my views, but I really don’t like discussing them.
35. Who did you miss? Some of my friends that I don’t get a chance to see often enough. I am a big hermit and don’t get out much with the kids on my own. I need to work on that this coming year.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I’ve not actually met anyone new this year, but have made many new contacts through my blog! I love reading all of your stuff and thanks for all of the fun comments you leave me. 🙂
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: Again… don’t worry about things you can’t control. They’ll work themselves out.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Even though we ain’t got money… I’m so in love with you honey… everything is gonna be alright.